There are two categories of men: those who prefer white shirts, and those with an appeal for the blue shirts. But even if you are a man from the second category, you still have to look attractive. Even though the white shirt is supposed to be formal-ware, it could also communicate the idea of freedom and is not exclusively worn with a buisiness suit.
- Shirts have to have as minimum folders as possible around the waist area.
- There mustn’t be any folders close to the buttons.
- The last button should be 10 cm below the belt level.
- The shirt band should be not be too loose or too strapped.
- Fingers should pass freely between the neck and the collar.
- The Collar stays should be removable.
- The back of the shirt should be tailored longer than front cloth. This ensures a perfect fit.
- Buttons should be pearled.
- Your shirt will better fit you if it has a yoke (behind its back).
- Sleeve length must be terminated to the point where the arm is connected to the hand, 2,5 cm below the stay.
- The collar could also have buttons.
The white shirt is the foundation of any wardrobe; it is a solid investment. Punctuated with a structured collar and mitred cuffs, this smart piece is timelessly sophisticated.
Words: Victoria Kolotova @victoriakolotova
Photos: Alina Sepp @alina.sepp